Sign up for email alerts from Red Oak Software »
New Whitepaper -
Why Native iPad Apps?
RED OAK SOFTWARE ANNOUNCES AVAILABILITY OF LEGACY COMPOSER - ECLIPSE EDITION
FIRST LEGACY APPLICATION INTEGRATION SOLUTION BUILT ON ECLIPSE DELIVERS SUPERIOR FLEXIBILITY AND ENHANCED BENEFITS
MOUNTAIN LAKES, NJ, September 13, 2005 – Red Oak Software, Inc. (www.redoaksw.com), a leader in Transaction Integration™ solutions, today announced that it has released Legacy Composer™ – Eclipse Edition to general availability. Legacy Composer is the first legacy application integration solution built entirely on the open source Java development environment Eclipse SDK with a singular design goal to simplify the integration of complex legacy applications across the enterprise.
Legacy Composer is a flexible solution for real-time, non-intrusive integration of all legacy applications. It enables customers to easily develop, deploy and maintain access to their legacy systems and data by automatically transforming host application functionality into Legacy Business Objects - Java beans and web services - that can then be used in any integration solution.
All components of Legacy Composer are written in Java and have been designed for development within Eclipse and for deployment via server-based implementations. Developers use the Legacy Composer Workbench which includes a recorder and various visual editors that efficiently capture host application functionality and data. The Workbench is implemented as an Eclipse feature plug-in and allows the developer full access to all the capabilities of the Eclipse SDK – namely editors, debuggers, compilers, etc.
As an Eclipse feature, Legacy Composer Workbench users also have seamless access to the Eclipse Web Tools Platform, which provides automated deployment wizards for Web Services, J2EE projects, Java projects and servlets.
The Eclipse Edition of Legacy Composer is an advanced, state-of-the art product that enables the most effective and efficient integration of all key legacy application transactions and data into any of the major enterprise systems used by large businesses today.
“Our customers are some of the most sophisticated IT organizations in the world and their legacy system integrations reflect this fact. Their applications are large, complex and strategically important components of their overall technology structure. They have told us that 85% or more of the total cost of implementing a legacy solution is for system integration professional services. So our singular objective for Legacy Composer was to design and develop the most efficient legacy integration product available, enabling our customers to further reduce the time, expense and risk traditionally associated with integration projects,” said George Cummings, Red Oak president and chief executive officer.
The overall design goals of Legacy Composer are:
- Maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of legacy application integrations
- Improve the process for rapid prototyping of legacy transactions
- Facilitate complete testing of all integrations prior to production
- Enable flexible and seamless deployments to any Service Oriented Architecture
Features and Benefits
- Sophisticated Development Tools – The development capabilities of the Legacy Composer Workbench provide the fastest, most efficient methods of converting legacy application functionality and data into reusable components and services. Tools such as a visual recorder and various process editors automate the design, testing and deployment of Legacy Business Objects.
- Fast, Efficient and Scalable Runtime Environment – Legacy Composer’s server-based runtime is the most advanced and efficient legacy integration engine available providing superior performance that can easily scale to meet the largest integration demands.
- Complete Java IDE Infrastructure - Legacy Composer ships with the Eclipse SDK, providing a full-featured integrated environment for the development of any Java application. The Eclipse SDK includes editors, wizards, builders and debuggers as well as code merging and re-factoring tools. Legacy Composer developers design, build and deploy legacy integration solutions from within this environment, enabling Legacy Composer to be the fastest, most efficient and effective total integration solution available today.
- Plug-in Infrastructure – Eclipse provides an extensible architecture via Plug-in functionality. Plug-ins contribute significant functionality to the platform and are accessible from within the same environment. Legacy Composer Workbench is a Plug-in and compliments the large and continuously growing community of other open source and commercial plug-ins.
- Web Tools Platform –The Eclipse Web Tools Platform extends the Eclipse SDK with tools for developing and deploying J2EE Web applications and Web Services. Legacy Composer Workbench co-exists with the Web Tools Platform, providing enhanced flexibility of deployment options. Legacy Composer developed solutions can be easily:
- converted and integrated into any J2EE application
- deployed directly to any J2EE application server
- converted to a Web Service
- incorporated into any composite application
- integrated into any portal
- Platform Integration and Team Support – Most large legacy integration projects require a number of developers working together. Legacy Composer directly supports the team versioning and control functions provided by Eclipse enabling a team of developers to share projects and work collaboratively from within the same environment.
- Dynamic Update/Install/Field Service – Legacy Composer developers with current maintenance can utilize the dynamic update capabilities provided by Eclipse to be assured of receiving all future updates without having to download and install separate components.
In summary, Legacy Composer is a sophisticated, flexible, state-of-the-art integration solution that enables the most efficient and effective integration of all legacy transactions. By being able to visually capture and programmatically integrate these transactions into any Service Oriented Architecture, customers will save substantial time and expense versus other alternatives - - as well as enabling these integrations to be easily maintained over the life of the project.
With this announcement, Red Oak Software has added overall support for the Eclipse development environment, strengthening its commitment to open standards and open technologies. This release gives developers generating new business components for incorporation into Red Oak solutions the full use of Eclipse, in addition to the already supported IBM Rational Studio, Borland® JBuilder® and Sun™ NetBeans IDEs.
Pricing and Availability
Legacy Composer™ Development Server bundles start at $30,000. Production Server bundles start at $45,000. The prices provided are suggested retail prices for the U.S. only and are provided for information only. Dealer prices may vary, and prices may also vary by country. Prices are subject to change without notice. For additional information, current prices and ordering information, please contact your local Red Oak representative.
All components of Legacy Composer are available immediately.
Each of Red Oak’s Transaction Integration™ products includes a Software Development Kit or Workbench and a Runtime Server Environment that allows all major legacy systems - 390, AS/400, Tandem, Digital, Unisys, HP, Unix and HTML-based application interactions - to be seamlessly integrated with any of the J2EE Application Server solutions from vendors such as IBM, Oracle, JBoss, BEA and Sun, as well as with any of the major enterprise application systems, including SAP, Siebel and JD Edwards. These products also provide customers with fast, efficient programmatic connectivity to all major EAI messaging systems, from vendors such as IBM, webMethods, Vitria, Sun/SeeBeyond and TIBCO.
About Red Oak Software, Inc.
Since 1999 Red Oak has specialized in creating leading edge Transaction Integration™ solutions for production legacy application systems. Their enterprise-class products enable the automated development and scalable deployment of reusable programmatic business services. Using state of the art non-invasive technology, these products create flexible integration solutions to all major legacy systems and their data via the application logic of the host.
Red Oak designs, develops, sells and supports this portfolio of server-based integration solutions under the umbrella of their Application Integration Framework. Their current AIF™ products include:
||Legacy application transactions from IBM, Tandem, Unisys, HP and
||IBM 3270, 5250 and VT application transactions
||Process modeling for integrating complex legacy transactions
||HTML and XML application transactions
||Tandem 6530 application transactions
||Unisys UTS application transactions
||HP e3000 application transactions
||Integration adapter solution for above to Microsoft .NET systems
Leading analysts refer to this high value legacy integration market segment as Programmatic Integration Servers. These non-invasive bi-directional, efficient and scalable legacy solutions can be integrated with a myriad of other systems, including business integration systems, application servers and IVR Systems.
Red Oak is a privately-held corporation, financed through venture capital from Opticality Ventures of New York. The company is headquartered in Mountain Lakes, New Jersey, with corporate offices in Rochester, New York. Additional information is available at: Red Oak Software, Inc., 115 Route 46, Suite F1000, Mountain Lakes, New Jersey 07046; Phone: 973-316-6064; email: email@example.com; or at the Web site: www.redoaksw.com.
Additional News Releases for: 2017-2016 | 2015-2010
| 2009-2007 | 2006-2004 | 2003-2000