Automates Creation of Web Clipping Portlets
for Enterprise Portals
Features and Benefits
Web Clipper is an advanced, state-of-the art product that enables the most efficient creation, testing and deployment of portlets comprised of any clipped subsection of an existing web application.
The overall design goals of Web Clipper are:
- Maximize the efficiency in creating web clipping portlets
- Improve the build process through rapid visual prototyping
- Auto-generate JSR 168 and major vendor proprietary portlets
- Facilitate complete testing of all portlets prior to deployment
- Enable flexible and seamless deployments to all major SOA Portals
- Support all portlet standards such as WSRP (Web Services Remote Portlet)
The primary benefits of Web Clipper are:
- Sophisticated Visual Development
- Web Clipper Workbench includes various visual process editors to automate the design, testing and deployment of standard portlets. The Workbench is the most efficient development tool available for capturing web functionality and converting it into reusable web clipping portlets. It also contains a limited Runtime to support a complete development cycle from creation through proof of concept deployment.
- Standardized Web Clipping
- Sharing composite web application functionality through SOA Portal applications has become commonplace today. The portals of tomorrow will require the ability to quickly and efficiently add customized portlets - functional subsections of other web applications. Web Clipper is a standard and cost effective alternative to building web clippings by hand or using the cumbersome methods provided with the portal.
- Java IDE Plug-in
- Web Clipper Workbench ships as an Eclipse Plug-in, providing seamless access to the full-featured environment for developing Java solutions. Workbench users design, build and deploy web clipping portlets from within this environment, enabling Web Clipper to be the fastest and most efficient web integration solution available today.
- IBM, BEA and Oracle Compatibility
- As an Eclipse Plug-in, Web Clipper will work seamlessly with all existing major vendor IDE's based on Eclipse such as IBM's Rational Application Developer, BEA's WebLogic Workshop and Oracle's Portlet Factory.
- Platform Integration and Team Support
- Most large portal projects require multiple developers working together. Web Clipper directly supports the team versioning and control functions provided by Eclipse enabling users to share projects and work collaboratively.
- Efficient and Scalable Runtime
- Web Clipper's Runtime Server is the most advanced and efficient web clipping integration engine available. It provides superior performance that scales easily to meet the demands of even the largest enterprise portal deployments. The Runtime is fully compatible with all major SOA Portal products.
In summary, Web Clipper is a sophisticated, flexible, state-of-the-art enterprise integration solution that enables the fastest and most efficient creation of web clipping portlets. By being able to visually capture and programmatically integrate these clippings into any SOA Portal, customers will save substantial time and expense versus other alternatives.